January 7, 1956 – October 21, 2019
Precious Memories (A poem by Gabriele Embry)
We weren’t prepared that day when God called you away. So many tears we cried. So many tears we cried. How we loved and missed you so and weren’t ready to let you go. But it gives us comfort to know, within the twinkling of our eyes you entered into paradise; a place with beauty beyond measure, eternal happiness and treasure, where you have no more pain and tears, nor sorrow, worries, and fears. Although for now we are apart, your precious memories live in our heart; until God calls us each to Heaven’s door, where we will be reunited, forever more.
A video compilation is available on Facebook.
February 7, 1968 – August 5, 2019
Another friend lost too soon.
Delivered by Shannon, Missy, and Danny’s brother BJ. Below are some excerpts.
- When I would pull up on site and park, you and your best friend would be waiting on me. I would say “good morning sunshine.” You called me “Missy Sunshine” and that was what you called me for the next five years.
- Danny you have brought joy and happiness to my life and everyone you came in contact with.
- You made my days at work so easy with your hugs and kisses and laughter.
- You, Danny, are a true inspiration to me. I love you and will miss you so very much and I want to thank you for being you.
- Danny had a contagious smile. He loved listening to music and dancing. There were times when he would sing songs to people as if it were some inside joke between friends. His voice would echo through the hallway when he sang Oh Happy Day, You Are My Sunshine, or Baby Shark.
- He went to work and liked to socialize with all his coworkers. He kept a collection of magazines he got from Dean. On payday, Danny’s favorite thing to do was to order a cheeseburger with a whole bunch of fries, and he loved his “Hoo Hoo.”
- Danny loved going to church on Sunday morning; getting coffee and cookies, and singing songs about Jesus with his friends.
- He loved to watch cartoons. His favorite was SpongeBob.
- Even though Danny isn’t here he will always be in our hearts. We try to remember that death only took his body because heaven took his soul. Danny was a big part of the BlueWest family and will be dearly missed.
Special thanks to Good News Baptist Church and Pastor Steve for opening your space and hearts to us.
A video compilation of pictures is on Facebook.
August 16, 1959 – July 23, 2019
Eulogy written by
Jacky. Delivered by Leanne.
Timmy had a long life and touched the hearts of so many people. Timmy had exceeded every expectation that was placed on him. He loved listening to country music and would spend most of his free time with headphones on and the volume as loud as it could go. His favorite task was color sorting and he did it perfectly. His smile and his hugs made the sun shine a little brighter. He had a special bond with his roommate and best friend. They were always together and would walk to work with each other every morning. Although he couldn’t ever tell us, we know that he loved us as much as he could. Thank you, Timmy, for letting us be a part of your life. We love you so much and we’re all going to miss you dearly.
Thank you Timmy’s family for sharing him with us for the last 25 years. It has been our honor and pleasure.
Thank You Good News Baptist Church, Bryan and Pastor Steve for your quick and open action to facilitate the Memorial Service.
Updated with additional, older pictures.
A video of photos is available on Facebook.